Sunday Writing Prompt # 221: Exquisite

pain

The pain is exquisite as it surges through my nerve endings. It is such that I can’t get enough as I push the knife in deeper.

I draw in breath as I feel my relentless interior pain drain away replaced by an exquisite cleansing. There is relief as I lie back and let my mind rid itself of its daily torment.

In the back of my mind is the face of my mother disapproving.

But nothing matters beyond the euphoria sweeping me into its arms and into paradise.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/sunday-writing-prompt-220-exquisite/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Sunday Writing Prompt # 221: Exquisite

1. Wow, this is very powerful, Michael.

2. mandibelle16 says:

It’s a beautiful description. Very poetic, how sad that it’s suicide. At least they see their Mom that’s a good sign!

3. scribblersdip says:

Definitely packed a punch with this Michael – but you’ve captured the essence of the relief – the pleasure in the pain as the knife cuts – that’s a sensation like no other.

Great job with the Sunday Writing Prompt – creative and well done 🙂 thanks for playing this week –

I had a few students over the years who found cutting themselves a way of deals with the world. I know it was a struggle for them even after therapy.

• scribblersdip says:

it’s a very particular release – and even if you learn to cope and manage without the physical act, it is still difficult to overcome the need/urge …..

Yes so I believe as its the knowledge that the cutting does help…so I’m told…

• scribblersdip says:

it’s a very particular rush – I admit, I didn’t do it often, but I loved the peace if brought me ~ it’s hard to explain – either you do it for release or to feel – and in some ways, these are both one and the same, yet different –