Wordle #173 – Dramatic art?

download1

This week’s words and phrases:

supplicant [A supplicant is a person who prays to God or respectfully asks an important person to help them or to give them something that they want very much.] seraphic [characteristic of or resembling a seraph or seraphim|seraphim:an angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy, associated with light, ardor, and purity. ] Disastrous Polish petticoats [a woman’s light, loose undergarment hanging from the shoulders or the waist, worn under a skirt or dress] Neutral Squander ecru [the light beige color of unbleached linen] Alarm dramatic art Bend Tickle

There was a bit of slap and tickle

But we all looked the other way,

After all, it was only supposed to be a bend in the road

And who were we to judge the preferences of others claiming

It was all in the guise of dramatic art.

Of course, the alarm should have sounded when

Wearing nothing but an ecru scarf

The leading man waltzed onto the stage

Doing more than tickling my fancy

Or was it hers?

Confusion seemed to rain upon us.

His actions squandered attention on the real issue

Where around the wall figures in neutral colours,

More neutral than the ecru scarf

Which, by the way, could have been considered petticoats,

But who are we fooling with that idea?

The whole act was superbly stimulating

And could have ended disastrously had not from out of the wings

A floating seraphic figure appeared

Radiating goodness and light.

The result was every audience member

Save the already supplicant ones

Fell into a trance of prayer and want

Resulting in an all-in game of slap and tickle

In which no one, but no one, looked the other way

And in a tangle of body parts and swirling ecru scarves

Put it all out there,

Within the auspices of dramatic art.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/09/25/wordle-173-2/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wordle #173 – Dramatic art?

1. Joyfrida says:

Okay, i think i laughed way more than i should have. That is one theater i would like to go to.

2. Vivian Zems says:

This was very funny! In my mind – it’s a comedic orgy (or my mind needs a good clean) 🙂 🙂

3. scribblersdip says:

roflmao – Oh well done and bravo Michael – totally on point with the wordle use, so cleverly written and truly just within the bounds of good taste and decorum 😉

what a scene this little story paints in my head – great idea and I’m glad that you ran with it, being a former drama/theatrical arts teacher yourself …. truly a treasure trove of ideas 😀

thanks for playing the wordle this week 🙂

“good taste and decorum”? Pat you know me, I felt like a Renaissance painter fortunate enough when painting a nude to find a piece of gauze fell on just the right place to save everyone unnecessary embarrassment. In my case a scarf… 🙂

• scribblersdip says:

roflmao – ahem, yes well, you are a man of indispensable means …. which of course ensures that we will always be amused by the trials and tribulations of said mentioned afflictions … as you proclaim … gauze eh? LOL – and just to be clear, I’ve studied fine arts and all that model drawing etc., so I’ve seen plenty of “odd moments” …. 😅

So I’m preaching to the converted you might say….though ‘odd moments’ can come from where in the room you might be seated at the time….like wishing the scarf was more strategically placed…

• scribblersdip says:

LOL@strategically placed. Having been on both sides of the drawing board, I have to say, there is no such thing as strategically places, because it all depends, as you’ve duly and wisely noted, on perspective and angles – but ummm…. yes, there can be some very interesting exchanges and moments 😅

4. julespaige says:

Reminds me of the Musical “Hair” – I read that some of the younger actors weren’t allowed to view the whole play even though they had been given permission to participate!

5. Ha.. it’s an act after all isn’t it. I think wearing nothing but a scarf is great fun… and why not play along i ask? Made me think of Ladies Night with the Chippendales.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )