FFfAW Challenge-Week of March 28, 2017 – Mrs Louise Thrum

photo-20170327143644962

Image: Louise from The Storyteller’s Abode.

There was much expectation in the drawing room as the dinner group gathered to hear Mrs Louise Thrum sing her newest creation, her aria from her new opera, The Storytellers Abode.

Accompanied by her husband, Randolph Thrum with the assistance of her daughter the precocious Millicent Thrum there was a murmur of excitement as Louise prepared to deliver her finest composition to date.

As Louise prepared, Millicent dropped the entire score onto the floor. In the melee that followed the pages were mixed up and Randolph usually a very calm and affable chap was visibly disturbed such that he burped loudly before seating himself, his composure shaken to the core.

Louise not to be deterred launched into her performance.

Her magnificent voice was at once at odds with the sight of her bloomers around her ankles, her audience noticed and despite every good intention erupted into titters that soon exploded into full on laughter.

Louise, mortified beyond belief, stopped mid-performance, stamped her foot loudly and told them they could all sod off.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/fffaw-challenge-week-of-march-28-2017/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to FFfAW Challenge-Week of March 28, 2017 – Mrs Louise Thrum

1. Jade M. Wong says:

LOL a delightfully funny take on the prompt!

2. Hahahahaha! So funny Michael! What did you do to our darling Louise? LOL! Cute story!

3. michael1148humphris says:

Well done Louise, for they should have come to admire your voice not your bloomers.🙂🙂🙂

4. Bernadette says:

Poor Louise, she lost her sense of humor along with her bloomers. One time I was at the San Francisco Opera and Renata Tabaldi stopped her performance to chastise the audience for laughing inappropriately which only made us laugh harder.

5. Iain Kelly says:

Hilarious take Michael, loved it 🙂

6. Oh my goodness, this is crazy, brilliant, funny and very very clever! I’m so glad I read it!

My tale is called ‘One beautiful day’

7. Singledust says:

This was priceless! Weaving the prompt photo contributor into the story and with such humour yet almost believable characterisation – I loved it! Very very creative indeed!

8. Shivangi says:

I am sure Louise and Millie are going to love this… an unexpected, hilarious and creative take!

9. Chris C. says:

Poor Louise! I sympathise with the poor woman, having lost her bloomers during the performance. But surely she’d have felt the chilly breeze… right?

10. mandibelle16 says:

I love as I’ve said, how your stories are full of humour. I can imagine this happening, her beautiful voice, and her bloomers on the floor lol. At least it’s only in someone’s home not an opera house.