Quadrille #28 – Spring

IMG_0903

Rich and deep red,

Lighting up my garden

Awakening me from the gloom of winter

Shivering, longing for

the warmth of spring.

I’ll watch you grow

Nurture that wondrous moment

As you slowly take shape

Uncurl in all your beauty

My beautiful black rose.

Written for: https://dversepoets.com/2017/03/13/quadrille-28/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Quadrille #28 – Spring

1. I have so few roses in my garden, but I like a lot of different blooms… a black rose would be wonderful

2. frankhubeny says:

When we had a front yard we used to grow roses there. They were better than grass with no mowing.

3. Grace says:

I have red roses too in my garden ~ Such a joy to behold them in all their beauty ~
    Love your rose photo Michael ~

4. You’re lucky to have roses so early, Michael. We’ll have to wait another month I reckon for the first ones.

5. Though it requires a lot of attention, cultivating roses is so worth it. Mine will have to wait a couple of months because of Northern Nevada’s most unpredictable climate.

6. I love this! I wish I had blooming roses in my garden 😀

7. wolfsrosebud says:

We need to wait for June till roses bloom. Do you have white roses? Wonderful at twilight.

8. kim881 says:

That’s a stunner of a rose, Michael, and I love the way you address her. We have mainly wild roses in our garden during the summer months – they don’t look as beautiful but they have intoxicating scents.,

9. whimsygizmo says:

I love the visual that “uncurl in all your beauty” evokes.

10. lovely poem and rose, Michael 🙂

11. lynn__ says:

Autumn there…explains why such a gorgeous full bloom! A black rose is rare, I think.

12. Truedessa says:

The smell of roses is intoxicating. They are very beautiful…a black rose is symbolic in many ways, but it has a rare beauty that stands alone.

13. Brought to mind an all together different memory for me…Roisin Dubh

14. rosross says:

Roses grow well here in South Australia. They are my favourite flower. Lovely poem.

15. ZQ says:

I’m in love 🙂 (with the black rose… 🙂

16. Dino says:

Black rose is cool, but a red rose means love, love wins always 🙂