Tale weaver/ Fairy Tale 23/2/17 Beyond the Veil of Mist

untitled

Photo credit: Adventures in the Wild

It’s amazing the more I think about it how she vanished like that.

One moment there she was standing before, wings all a flutter and without so much as goodbye she flew off. Didn’t even hang around for a photo.

Not only was she cute and beautiful but she was so incredibly wise. She had a perspective on life I could only marvel at.

So I do know that somewhere beyond the trees and deep into the mist is where she lives. I saw her disappear into the fog, slip behind the pine trees and she was gone.

We’d been getting on so well. She sat with me all evening discussing things faery and what have you, showed me a few tricks as well, I was astonished at what she can do with those wings….

She said she’d been around a long time, was a bit reluctant to tell me her age or where exactly it was she lived. But she hinted it was close.

I recall there was a pond mentioned as a place to cross before you reached her house.

At one point she even sat on my shoulder and whispered in my ear I was the most attractive human she’d ever met. Just as things were getting interesting she sat up straight, looked across the field and into the fog and said it was time for her to go.

Then it was all over.

I shook my head uncertain if I had witnessed what I thought I’d witnessed or not.

But one thing is clear to me, the gossamer of her wings I’ll never forget, the texture between my fingers will stay with me forever.

I wonder if I walked across and into the fog, I’d find her.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/02/23/tale-weaver-fairy-tale-23217-beyond-the-veil-of-mist/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Tale weaver/ Fairy Tale 23/2/17 Beyond the Veil of Mist

Love fairy tales 🙂

2. I love your tales like this. So imaginative!

3. lucciagray says:

Lovely picture and words 💗

4. Lorraine says:

I imagine you will find her — she gave you a hint at directions and a whispered secret.

5. lovely imagery. nice tale.

6. wordwitch88 says:

Lovely, enchanting, mysterious, delightful and peaceably agreeable. Makes me want to sit of an evening and wait for the magic to visit me 🙂

Ah Pat that could always be a possibility couldn’t it?? Unless you were engulfed by the mist and disappeared yourself…..lol

• wordwitch88 says:

eep! but then, it might be just a great gateway to the world I have been waiting for? perhaps I will snug myself down and in and see what this night rolls in 😉

Well we live in hope don’t we…..let me know how you get on and what you find…

• wordwitch88 says:

I’m thinking it might be a slightly dull night … dark and wet, not cold, but rainy and icy from the snow melting …. but the dogs are growling so something is a’prowlin’ but I don’t think it’s any wee folk 😉

Well keep the doors locked and your EB on, staying warm is paramount I would think…

• wordwitch88 says:

as it turns out, it was a bit misty last night …. but that was because of the storm brewing and its thunderous booming ground shaking nature – so lightning light show, heavy downpours and green pea sized hail which was deafening …. all together nuts for late February, but that’s winter here in the Great White North!

Well I awoke to rain, would you believe it, RAIN, here in the far south in February…lol..have a great day Pat..

• wordwitch88 says:

LOL – isn’t rain supposed to be good? unless it creates flash flooding??? hope you have a great start to your week Michael 🙂

7. mandibelle16 says:

Lovely tale. I’d like to know what happens when he crosses the veil. Are things as he thought?

8. julespaige says:

This reminds me of the stag I saw in the mist in my neighbors yard…no wings –
    just that short conversation, eye contact – blink and then he was gone.
    Always a gentle pleasant visit on your porch swing…