100 Word Weekly Writing Challenge —Week 6 – Valentine’s Day Party

derucaketimestwo

Our Valentine’s Day party was in full swing.

A day she and her friends celebrated with cake and coffee.  A day they all wished they were actually loved.

It never surprised me she had so many friends like herself. Divorced, separated and ever willing to speak ill of their respective ex-partners.

Then she’d bring out her gift, something she insisted I buy and chant my praises for having good taste. She got off on their expressions and how they looked at me.

As I washed the dirt from their plates, I forced myself not to throw up.

Written for: https://bikurgurl.com/2017/02/15/100-word-wednesday-week-6/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 100 Word Weekly Writing Challenge —Week 6 – Valentine’s Day Party

1. willowdot21 says:

Well written Michael 😱

Some women are never satisfied. No matter what you do, they’re never happy…unless they’re complaining. A sad indictment especially coming from another woman. When I remember what my Mum and Dad were like, I feel very sorry for so many couples these days. My parents didn’t have a lot of material possessions, but they had an abundance of love. I never heard a cross word ever.

Its wonderful isn’t to think they accepted their lot, so to speak and knew there was something far greater than what they had around them…..and there was you of course I am sure the apple of their eye…

• Lyn says:

Do you remember that Trix washing up liquid ad on TV years ago with the large woman and the little skinny bald headed man? She’d hit him with the dish mop and he’d hit her with a plate and then they’d hug. My Dad would almost fall of his chair laughing when that came on. They were the same age and dimensions as my Mum and Dad. He thought it was hilarious.

No I don’t sorry but its a lovely image to have Lyn…..I think anything that made our parents laugh is worth remembering as they lived through a very different world to our own..

3. Aileen says:

It sounds like most of those women will be lucky if they ever get another Valentine’s card, then again some men never learn… Lovely piece.

4. mandibelle16 says:

This viewpoint is really interesting Michael. It makes you feel sorry for her new husband/boyfriend and sympathize with the man who was probably happy to let her go.

5. Pingback: Wind-Up Week 5: 100 Word Wednesday – Bikurgurl

6. Pingback: Wind-Up Week 6: 100 Word Wednesday – Bikurgurl

7. bikurgurl says:

So many wasted words when they could come together and show each other some love!! Wonderful story 🙂