Saturday Mix – February 10, 2017 – Bastet – To Hail or Not To Hail.

To write or not to write a soliloquy.

Imagine a scene, a train is pulling out of the station and a person standing on the platform looking dejected.  What can have happened?  Perhaps this person is someone in the station wishing to leave but for some reason hasn’t.

man-458326_960_720

Should I chase, should I in haste

Hail the guard, wave him down.

She’s left her bag down here at my feet.

I’m sure it’s full of important stuff

Its heavy enough to prove that point.

The train is moving I could stop it if I tried

But the stupid cow deserves to know

I can’t be messed with as I go.

For she had her chance to woo me till dawn

Instead she chose to bunk on down,

Snored like a sailor, woke the neighbours

Is it little wonder I have no compunction

To stop the train.

For then I’d have to see her again.

Oh woe is me for I did choose

The siren and not the sweet girl Juliet.

She’s left me stripped, exposed to the world

I wonder if this bag is worth a ransom?

I’ll text her now, so she’ll know

To send money, lots of money

For I’ve noticed another blonde is free

This Tinder is the place for me.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/02/11/saturday-mix-february-10-2017-bastet/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Saturday Mix – February 10, 2017 – Bastet – To Hail or Not To Hail.

1. wordwitch88 says:

Roflmao – oh how you have tackled this so well Michael 😀

What a romp – well, perhaps not, but hey another siren calls, so all’s well that ends well? perchance?

Great take on the prompt – it really sounds like we’re in the guy’s head …. so yeah, hats off again 🙂

2. Cara Hartley says:

An entertaining cad, this fellow. I’d call him a gentleman, but we know what he really is.

3. Bastet says:

Bravo .. I hear the bard indeed as I read your lovely soliloquy! This is so delightful, it made my day!

Well, that went somewhere completely different to what I was expecting. When I saw the word siren, I was thinking of another type of siren completely. I mean, after all, someone leaves a bag on a railway station…

5. Raivenne says:

I got a grin out of this scallywag! I bet even Willie Shakes would’ve get a kick out of this.

6. mandibelle16 says:

A humeros soliloquy, guess he wasn’t to attached. I kept wondering what was in the bag, I kept thinking drugs. But if it is, hopefully he’ll throw it out and forget about it with his new Tinder blond. Nice write Michael!