#SoCS Feb. 4/17 – hair

socsbadge2016-17

I have a problem with hair. I don’t have much or in fact any to write home about.

It’s another curse of aging. Not only do things stop working other things start to fall out. Its genetic I know; my dad went to same way. But I have brothers who have much more than me.

There are advantages I have discovered. I have my head shaved, and I don’t have to worry about combing it of a morning, that saves time. A haircut, if you call it that, is quick and easy for my haircutter (my daughter).

The down side is as it grows this growth of silver grey spreads across my head and of course it won’t lie down, it wants to stick up on the top of my head as if to say, ‘Look at me, Look at me!!’

As time has gone on I have stopped worrying about it, I suffer the jokes of my children reminding them that genetics can appear in generations down the track as I look at my many grandsons, each with full and thick heads of hair.

I smile every time I see an add on TV for those clinics who say they can regrow your hair. If that was the case, I’d have to comb or brush it and I’m used to not doing so now.

I think the older you get the less vanity plays in your life. You know you aren’t going to look like Mr Universe, if ever you did, you know the decline is part of living so you say bugger it all I’m going to enjoy life as best I can and if you don’t like it then ‘take it or d’!!

Written for: https://lindaghill.com/2017/02/03/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-feb-417/

16 Responses to #SoCS Feb. 4/17 – hair

1. willowdot21 says:

😉😊😋🙂😍😘

2. LindaGHill says:

Out of all the things we might have inherited, losing our hair isn’t that bad, is it?
    P.S. Mine is very very thin. :/

3. Michael says:

You are right, hair loss is nothing compared to what my mother gave me. But life is too good to be whinging….😇

4. Lorraine says:

You make it seem less traumatic — I’ve shed 2/3rd of mine, but I don’t have the proper head shape for shaving — too bumpy and lumpy. Guess I’ll optimistically look for a wig. Smiling and laughing.
    Your SoCS made me smile, but I still miss my hair. Sigh.

5. JoAnna says:

If we didn’t have those ads, we would hardly think about baldness, wrinkles, or gray hair as bad things, because they’re only natural. Enjoy!

6. Laura says:

I’ve always thought men had a lucky option when it comes to just shaving it off. I think it’s such a clean look; women who lose a lot of hair can’t really carry it off!