Saturday Mix – Bastet – Mystery Genre

living-room_small_2

Today we’re going to play around with the mystery genre not using more than 150 words.

A BROKEN VASE

THREE DAISIES

A KNIFE

A MUSSED UP RUG

A SHOPPING BAG

It was the crash of the vase that brought everyone rushing into the living room. The vase lay in a thousand pieces; the three daisies it had housed lying on the mussed up rug.

But it was the knife that immediately drew our attention. It was between Carstair’s shoulder blades. Carstairs’ demise had added to the mussed up nature of the rug.

The fact that no one liked Carstairs and liked him even less in death was inconsequential. The poor guy was dead. His shopping bag and contents scattered to every corner of the room.

We looked about at each other knowing there was only us in the house. In front of us was a killer.

The guilty one was Georgia. It had to be. She had that look about her.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/01/28/saturday-mix-bastet/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Saturday Mix – Bastet – Mystery Genre

1. wordwitch88 says:

HAHAHAHA!

I loved the “reintroduction and demise” of Carstairs …. but hey, now what??? who’ll replace him? is this some sort of twisted joke??? and the bit about so causally being “more of an axe murderer these days” – brilliant! But the clincher – naming the guilty one as Georgia!

totally wonderful “execution” Michael …. 😀

playful take on the prompt which is fun and fascinating – Georgia and Lorraine are really shaking things up with ideas 🙂

They are aren’t they. Well I think Carstairs did have a limited life, no pun intended, for as you know as soon as one idiot disappears another pops up to take their place…thanks so much Pat for your comment.

Couldn’t be betterer, Michael.

I love the line, “I knew it wasn’t me, I don’t kill people with knives, more your axe murderer these days.”

So…does he blow the whistle on Georgia, or use the knowledge to his advantage. I guess time will tell 🙂

3. mandibelle16 says:

I enjoyed his comment he’s more of an axe murder. It made me wonder if he was joking or serious and perhaps all three of them, were or had Ben murderers of some sort.

4. Lorraine says:

Sssh — don’t tell on Georgia — now that we are partners in crime.

5. Bastet says:

LOL … I’m sure it was Georgia but we’ll keep that a secret!