Photo Challenge #140 – The Woman Who Carries the World

sparrek-3

Image: – Slrlounge.com

There’s a woman I know

Carries the world with her.

Wherever she goes

She brings it along.

And they sit comfortably

Back to back, side by side.

If you stop her asking why

She draws from it,

A story, an anecdote, a tale often true

To pull you up, focus your attention

For she speaks to you.

Enthralled as you are

She’ll smile and ask for an opinion,

Did her tale resonate?

Leave you satisfied?

Or begging for more?

I like to sit with her

We enjoy the silence as much the chatter.

Sometimes we learn more

By being and saying nothing.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/photo-challenge-140/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Photo Challenge #140 – The Woman Who Carries the World

1. Sometimes we learn more
    By being and saying nothing.

Very true Michael! When they talk one learns. Info coming our way. Have to listen more, certainly!

Hank

2. Sometimes we learn more
    By being and saying nothing.

Yes, very true Michael! When they talk one learns. Info coming our way. Have to listen more, certainly!

Hank

3. There’s a woman I know/Carries the world with her.
    What a wonderous way to open a piece of prosetry. And it’s not a burden, like Atlas, but a joy, to her as it holds tales to be told.
    Yes, we learn in silence — the spaces between the words.
    Nicely done response to the picture.

4. mandibelle16 says:

This is lovely. An ideal friendship. Thought provoking and a satisfying conversation.

5. wordwitch88 says:

stunning prosetry – so rich and filled from start to finish – painted such a beautiful scene in my mind Michael 🙂

Thanks dear witchofwords….I was only thinking I have missed seeing you around the blog world..hope you are doing ok..

• wordwitch88 says:

I’ve been breaking … or is that braking? 😉 need time and head space to focus …. having a rough go with that, but I’m here – just quieter is all – but still hopeful 🙂 And I hope you are very well my friend?

I am doing ok too…I seem to be busy with family things, called grandkids…but I write most days and do the things that give me enjoyment….you’ll be pleased to know if you have read my tale weaver from last week that I have written a follow up piece to explain Miss Marble a little better…I might put it up today….

• wordwitch88 says:

LOL@the grandkids comment and yeah, I can bet they keep you on the move! but as long as you’re feeling well and since well, summer is about a month away, then hopefully it makes it easier to be out and about with them 🙂 I’ve been lingering out in some other head space, so I’m just picking blog reading pieces here and there – but I’ll be sure to check out another fabulous TW write. 🙂

Actually summer down here starts tomorrow Dec 1st…..I wrote this on the weekend about my Saturday morning with three of the little boys:

• wordwitch88 says:

well then happy sunny but not blistering hot days ahead …. and off to read 🙂

Sadly they are about to arrive…thank goodness for air con…

• wordwitch88 says:

LOL ….. oh dear …. play safely and stay as cool and well hydrated as possible 🙂