Writing Prompt #173 “Collage 28” – I Miss You – Not

collage-28

It was the door slamming

Alerting me to your departure.

Shallow boy, shallow love.

Like a fool I wrote you songs

Sang them with passion

Thinking you were the one.

On long walks you took paper boats

Folded in idleness but set afloat

With expectation, genuine wishes

For tomorrow to be a better day.

But that day never arrived

You escaped, took the easy way

Left without a word

Leaving me images of you

A false god

In a false world.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/08/21/writing-prompt-173-collage-28/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Writing Prompt #173 “Collage 28” – I Miss You – Not

1. kim881 says:

A bittersweet take on the collage, Michael, that sounds like it comes straight from the heart.

2. weebluebirdie says:

I’ve left you a comment in Phylor’s blog too. I do like your bittersweet – how can anyone who is having so much fun be sincere?!

3. edit out, please. Not want I meant to imply!

4. Michael says:

Just a response to the image

5. This stings, the veil has lifted, the illusion is shattered, visceral writing

6. profound Michael – weaving such words of impact from the collage especially like the paper boats ‘folded in idleness’

7. wildchild47 says:

as everyone has said – you’ve done such a wonderful job with the collage; your words express the emotions with a starkness that cuts straight to the heart of the matter …. great piece Michael 🙂

8. mandibelle16 says:

Painful poem for the speaker I think “A false goddess in a false world” illustrates his disenchantment with love. Perhaps, even women, he can’t trust them. And it makes him not trust the world, at least the one he’s living him. Sad but well written Michael.

9. Mandy Smith says:

Very poignant writing of heartbreak that many will relate to, Michael. Hopefully she gets to the point soon where she can call after him “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.” (I’ve seen one saying where she added: “Who in the heck am I kidding-I hope you fall down the effing stairs, too!”)