Haibun Monday: A Little Romance

waiting

His message says he is running late.

She looks at her watch wondering how long before she sees him. Outside the summer sun beats down, the hustle and bustle of the city is well underway as the commuters scurry to the comfort of their air conditioned work places.

Yesterday he said the L word. She’d been wanting to say it too and remembers thinking he might not want what she wants. It was the glow in his eye as he saw her reaction that led to a glorious afternoon. Right now there is that familiar tingle and an urge to see him, embrace him and take in all that he is. She thinks of the coming winter and how good it would be to be living with him. She smiles to herself in anticipation as she sees his head ascend the escalator.

summer lovers

loving you for who you are

being us always

Written for: https://dversepoets.com/2016/08/08/haibun-monday-a-little-romance/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Haibun Monday: A Little Romance

1. whimsygizmo says:

I can feel the anticipation in this. Well done.

2. Grace says:

I am tingling in anticipation too. How romantic Michael. 🙂

3. Wow, the L-word. So hard to begin, to be the first. More often I suspect is is up to the woman.

4. kanzensakura says:

I like that you wrote this from her point of view rather than yours.Since you said the L-word, I hope you two are together!

5. rosemawrites says:

love the L-word, Michael! I am jittery and excited for her!

6. maria says:

Awweee.. I’m crossing my fingers that she gets to say the L-word soon too! ❤

7. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Lovely!

8. A universal situation. 🙂

9. Very romantic and that L word is a very exciting moment.

10. Those beginnings are so tenuous and uncertain, and we have such dreams. I enjoyed this, it made me remember…….

11. lynn__ says:

You capture the fragility, tenderness, and hopeful anticipation of a flowering relationship…I hope he says the M-word too 🙂

12. SMiLes.. mY FriEnd..

oF liFe
    over
    YanG..
    suRe.. i
    aM
    iT2..;)

13. Ah the L-word. Such a powerful word.

14. mandibelle16 says:

Lovely piece Michael. Thoughtful and romantic.

15. Mish says:

This is such a precious moment in time…those special words spoken, the reactions, the anticipation. Very sweet!