Hump Day Poetry – Week 12 – Missed the Hump

hdp-banner

I missed the hump this week

It’s the problem

We future dwellers have.

We find out we should have

And could have but didn’t.

But the beauty of living forward

Is you get to go back and rectify your past

Correct the errors

Smile sweetly

Say there you are

Move on and

Kiss the one you love,

As if it’s what you would have done

If you’d been here yesterday.

I missed the hump this week

But I made up for it.

Written for: https://ionanerissa.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/hump-day-poetry-week-12/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Hump Day Poetry – Week 12 – Missed the Hump

Very clever Michael 🙂

2. Lori Carlson says:

And you made up for it so brilliantly, Michael! Love this 🙂

3. wildchild47 says:

ahhh aren’t you the smartass?! XD

Actually, given the logistics, it stands to reason, and yes, you can play with time, warp it, bend it, smooth out the creases and crinkles …. and so perhaps, I should retract my first line, oh weaver of magic spatial dementia? The dementia, is ENTIRELY mine …. it’s the whole it’s when where as we engage that leaves my head disengaged in a somewhat wobbly way – but such is life, perhaps I will find my footing eventually 😉

Wonderful piece here Michael – and there is a delicious flavour to it 🙂

(hope I’ve caused no offense)

Offence? You? Never!
      Just think that tomorrow you cause no offence. Cool eh?

• wildchild47 says:

LOL …. oh my aching head 😉

now if I were to cause offence, which I happen to do quite often, it would be damn confusing to know if it’s already a done deal, or whether it was to come, or whether I should be apologizing or simply waiting for the sun to rise again?!? 😉

Either way, me thinks you are sitting rather pretty XD

I am aren’t I…lol….oh well you’ll just have to trust I am an honest soul…..and as we used to say in drama class ‘It doesn’t matter if you stuff up as the sun will still come up tomorrow.’

• wildchild47 says:

XD roflmbo good philosophy that!

I think so Pat….