FFfAW – Week of 04-12-2016 – Ribbit!!

photo-20160411045742372

Image: provided by BarbCT/Knotholes and Textures.

It was all innocent.

The poor woman found herself shoeless at the airport her shoes having been confiscated by customs. Gingerbread was contraband in this country.

She didn’t look like a witch in fact she appeared a very glamorous woman. But when I saw her, tears streaming down her face I felt sorry to see her in the predicament she was in.

Being a salesman for the Aces Shoes Company I had a pair in my display case that thankfully fitted her. So as you can see I was just helping her out.

We struck up quite a conversation and she was on her way to the Witches Convention in the Fairy Kingdom and was to speak on the Virtues of Modern Witchery.

As we parted company she placed her hand on my shoulder as we went our separate ways.

I have to say that since that day I have this irresistible urge to spawn.

Silly thought isn’t it. Ribbitt!!

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/fffaw-week-of-04-12-2016/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to FFfAW – Week of 04-12-2016 – Ribbit!!

1. mandibelle16 says:

Haha. Love this take. What A mean witch! Turning him into a frog after he gave her shoes to wear. I gues we know what kind of witch she is and the poor guy (frog) well doesn’t seem to upset about it. 🙂

2. I wonder what would have happened if you kissed! Very amusing , lighthearted write my friend.

3. rosemawrites says:

yay! this is a delight to read! 😀 like a breath of fresh air! 😀

4. wildchild47 says:

😀

Ah a slightly wicked tale! How delightful …. and I love the twists …. Gingerbread shoes??? LOL …. sheer fantastical fun …. great story and write Michael 🙂

5. Hahahaha! His reproductive hormones pretty much turned him into a frog! LOL! Cute take on the photo prompt, Michael! 😀 😀

6. KL Caley says:

Hahaha so fun! Great story for the photo – well done! KL ❤

7. Great story! It’s a very fun, unique take on the picture.

Hmmm, my mind wandered down a completely different path. She touched his shoulder and he will slowly turn into a frog. Then, she will find him in his little froggy world, kiss him, turn him into a real prince and they’ll live happily ever after. Unless of course, he gives a pair of glass shoes to Cinderella. Then I’m thinking you’re going to have a two-woman war on your hands 😉

• Well Lyn you are right….I think she left him more with the notion that a pond might not be such a bad place to be and maybe, just maybe, she will return with that all too magical kiss.

9. Shivangi says:

Delightful and fun take… I loved how the story began, unfolded and then ended.

10. samratkel says:

They do say you have to kiss a lot of frogs to fins your prince – maybe she was just making it easier and bypassing the need for the kiss!! Great story Michael, you have a fine talent at twisting prompts into interesting tales.

@Samantha/samratkel from
    Shadow Realities

11. Loretta says:

Well, she certainly got a nice pair of shoes; hopefully they’re not made of frog skin! Good story!

12. Interesting take on it. This made me smile.