Prompt Nights – Spring is the time of land’s awakening

crocus-blossoms-break-through-the-snow-blanket

I don’t long for spring right now.

For me the cool of the approaching winter

Is relief from our long hot summer.

I live opposite you in your spring.

For me its cool nights and blankets

Days where the air con doesn’t run flat out

Where we wait for a cooling breeze

To relieve us from the oppressive heat of summer.

But come September it will be spring

We’ll be happy to have again

Warm days and evenings

Watch each day the blossoms appear

Hear the wildlife begin their mating chatter

As the cycle of life goes round again.

Written for: http://www.adashofsunny.com/prompt-nights-spring-is-the-time-of-lands-awakening-11/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Prompt Nights – Spring is the time of land’s awakening

1. Scout says:

Our Spring has just begun and it’s unseasonably hot- all signs and repercussions of global warming. I might be wishing for winter before summer arrives! 😳

2. They say I’m telepathetic……

3. TamrahJo says:

So, in July, when I’m staying indoors from 9a-3p to escape 100+ temps, I should whine, do link to this post so you can laugh and comment about how eager you are for Spring to arrive? LOL

• It’s all relative you know in the height of summer I long for winter in the cold of winter I look for the summer heat…it’s the fickleness of the human condition.

• TamrahJo says:

I recently wrote about that – here, I’ve observed, there is only about a 2 week span (if that much) for the local populace to move from, “When is it going to rain?!?” to “THANK goodness it’s been rainy – we sure needed the moisture” – to “(Whine) IS it ever going to quit raining?” (and we aren’t even at flood status – just a string of overcast, rainy days – – ) Sigh, it does seem to be our nature – – 🙂

• Exactly the same happens here. Today we want rain it’s been dry. Two days of rain, when it happens and people begin to panic. Strange creatures we humans…

• TamrahJo says:

Yes, we are funny – BUT, ya know, looks ain’t everything! LOL

• Thank goodness for that…..wearing a bag over your head gets tiring after a while…

I don’t think Winter is ever going to come for us this year, Michael. Next week we’re expecting temperatures mid to high 20’s :/ (that’s 77-85 for our Northern hemisphere friends and we’re in the middle of Autumn)

5. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is absolutely breathtaking verse Michael 🙂 Beautifully penned. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support 🙂

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

6. Cool nights and blankets is my favorite time of year —- any time of year.

7. Sumana Roy says:

you almost spoke my mind…here in India, it’s really, really hot and we look forward to winter…Spring is very brief too….sigh…

8. Jae Rose says:

I hope the relief and cool comes soon – it made me think how there is a bias in hemispheres in writing at times – good to be reminded that our world is upside down

9. Myrna says:

Yes. We go round and round, life and the seasons.

10. Beautiful poem! I love these cusp seasons–spring and fall–when we’re “almost” a lot of things. It feels like anything is possible somehow, and you capture that well here.

11. ghostmmnc says:

It’s good to be reminded that opposite seasons happen in different parts of the world. I really enjoyed reading your poem! 🙂

12. I love reading poetry that takes us downu-nder, allows us to see life from a different perspective. But all of us are alike in that when the end of whatever season approaches, we are so excited about the new season.