FFfAW – Week of 04-05-2016 – Miss Marble’s Garden

photo-20160404065539832

Image : Pixbay

Miss Marble apart from being the only witch in the neighbourhood was also a very house-proud woman.

Having lived at 46 Grimace Street a long time she had been able to cultivate a beautiful garden and her spring blooms were the talk of the street.

No one else could grow flowers like Miss Marble.

Then again no one had the resources Miss Marble had either. Years of experimentation had led to the formulations she used each year to make the red redder, the yellow more yellow and the green sparkle.

Such was her pride that on spring afternoons she would sit outside and share an evening brew with her neighbour, the lady with the grey bangs, and together greet the passers by who came in their droves to view Miss Marble’s garden.

Everyone marvelled at the beauty of her garden, but never became privy to her secrets.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/fffaw-week-of-04-05-2016/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to FFfAW – Week of 04-05-2016 – Miss Marble’s Garden

1. I liked this, Michael. Witty. 🙂

2. Ahhh, the secretive, green thumbed Miss Marble! She makes her world more colorful so she can’t be a bad witch! LOL! Love this story, Michael!

I wonder, do you mind if I send you and email?

3. maria says:

Aww.. of only every witch in the world uses their magic like Miss Marble, the world would be gorgeous! Great take on the prompt, Michael!

4. samratkel says:

Very cleverly crafted, Michael!!!

@Samantha/samratkel from
    Shadow Realities

Ahh, so nice to see Miss Marble again. I think I’d like to have a cup of tea with her.

6. Lori Carlson says:

Love this, Michael! Oh Miss Marble! Love her!

7. Graham Lawrence says:

Enchanting tale. Loved “Privy to her secrets”

8. I love the idea that she sits outside with a neighbour to greet people. Mind you, I bet the neighbour with the grey house is a little bit jealous! Great story.

9. wildchild47 says:

Another delightful tale of Miss Marble …. mysterious lady …. keeper of secrets most delicious and wonderful to know her garden grows well 😀

10. swritings says:

Mysterious Miss Marble! Great piece! 🙂

11. Very colourful. If I was a bad witch I would use counter magic and turn her house grey-scale. Hee Hee (evil laughter)

12. mandibelle16 says:

I’m sure her garden would be fantastic, and it seems like everyone wants to see these flowers and know her secrets. Your writing makes me think, her secrets aren’t good secrets to have. Well done Michael 🙂

13. Shivangi says:

I loved the names in the story Miss Marble… Grimace street… Lol. I wish I could know the secrets of Miss Marble! Lovely story!

14. Really good story. I like Miss Marble with her gray bangs.