public-domain-images-free-stock-photos-shoes-walking-feet-gr

Image: http://publicdomainarchive.com/public-domain-images-shoes-walking-feet-grey-gravel-blue-jeans/

The opening sentence for the January 22nd  Flash Fiction for the Purposeful Practitioner:  “Enough is enough.”

I found myself hopelessly in love. But it was a love I didn’t want to stuff up like I had so many other relationships.

In the clear morning light the path to the hill of indecision still loomed high, still presented itself with choices to either run or face the consequences of pursuing a love that could be well near impossible

All was perfectly understandable I thought that she would baulk at a man with a past like mine. Telling her I’d been in gaol three times wasn’t my smartest move I had to say. But I was determined to be honest in my post incarceration life.

Take me or not I thought, whether or not I’d had a checked life was immaterial to the man I believed I now was. The past I couldn’t change but hope for acceptance of a life I regretted and for the most part didn’t have a lot of control over.

My computer blinked at me, a note: Sunday? Breakfast my place?

Written for: https://rogershipp.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/flash-fiction-for-the-purposeful-practitioner-week-4-2016/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to FLASH FICTION FOR THE PURPOSEFUL PRACTITIONER: WEEK #4- 2016 – Enough is Enough.

1. Mandy says:

Love that final line 👍🏻 obviously some people believe in rehabilitation 😊

2. Mandy says:

Absolutely!

3. Sounds like love will prevail! Excellent story!

4. Martin Flux says:

Honesty is to be cherished – luckily for him, she knows that. Love the story!

5. RoSy says:

And – there’s always hope! 🙂

6. mandibelle16 says:

That last line is good. It speaks of redemption for the guy and a woman who cares for him. Great story Michael.

7. rogershipp says:

I believe in redemption as well! I am so glad he stick his neck out to find it!!! Enjoyed! So glad you could participate this week. Hope to hear from you in Week #5.

8. Lori Carlson says:

Reblogged this on A Whispered Wind and commented:
    A wonderful flash fiction piece of hope and redemption.
    Comments are disabled. Please visit Michael’s blog to leave a comment. Thanks!

9. I feel for those who come out of prison and try to make a life for themselves. It can’t be easy, and we’re not very forgiving as a society. I’m glad there was forgiveness in your story!