FFfAW-Week of 9-29-2015 Cutlass and Thrust

wpid-photo-20150928070236744

Cutlass and Thrust looked up over the bow.

‘Arrrgh,’ said Cutlass

‘Arrrgh,’ replied Thrust.

‘Where we be?’ asked Cutlass.

‘In Pirates Cove,’ said Thrust.

‘How’d ja know?’

‘The house, it’s the Storytellers Abode.’

‘It is?’

‘Had a lick a paint be the look of it.’

‘But where’s the Jolly Roger?’

‘And the Priceless Joy?’

‘Arrrgh, now she was a good ship.’

‘She was, you could sail on her in any weather and feel as safe as in your mother’s arms.’

‘You remember that voyage to Happy Valley?’

‘I do. Weather rough as any you’d encounter.’

‘But we made it to the Medieval Mans Bar and Grill.’

‘Arrrrrgh now that was a place to be to be sure.’

‘A place to tickle your fancy.’

‘Arrrgh,’ said Cutlass

‘Arrrgh,’ said Thrust.

‘Do you think Lou’s still running the abode?’

‘Arrrgh bound to be, she be a good wench.’

‘Arrrgh she served a good hot pot.’

‘Arrrrgh,’ said Cutlass as he stepped out of the boat.

‘Arrrgh,’ said Thrust as he followed in his wake.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/fffaw-week-of-9-29-2015/

This entry was posted in FFFAW, writing challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to FFfAW-Week of 9-29-2015 Cutlass and Thrust

1. mandy says:

I had a good chuckle with this one, Michael. Seems you were having as much fun as a kid in a sandbox. Two interesting fellows! 🙂

Arrrgh, that be a good un, shipmate. LOL Michael, you’re adept at taking on any role. You might be missing your calling–I can see you playing the part of a pirate without any trouble at all 😀
    And I’m sure Joy will get a giggle at having a ship named after her.

3. Hahaha! I love it! It made me laugh out loud Michael. So sweet of you to speak so kindly of Priceless Joy. 😀 That wench, Lou is the bartender at the Bar and Grill? LOL!! She sure has a beautiful home. Love your story, it was a “hoot.” Thank you for participating in FFfAW challenge!

4. Joy Pixley says:

What great dialogue, and how funny that your pirates were name dropping like that! Of course, now I want to know: Does Louise really serve a good hot pot? 😉

5. Very funny. I love the way you wrote the pirate’s dialogue.

6. phylor says:

Aarrgghh, Saturday, September 19th — 2015 Talk like a Pirate day.
    Sorry, me hearty matie(s), to be abearing such a sad tale.
    And, Pirate’s Cove is an amazing miniature golf course in Maine. (http://www.piratescove.net/bar-harbor)

7. Fun Simplicity says:

Cute and enjoyable, especially with familiar names in the post. 🙂

8. Bastet says:

LOL … lovely … I do so love pirate! Arrrrrrrgh!

9. clothespeggedpat says:

Wonderfully and whimsically written – you had me caught in your net from the first line! Great story Michael! 😀

You’d make such a fun “play date!” 😉

10. Susan Langer says:

Funny story, Michael. You had me laughing again. Great dialogue from those two characters. 🙂

11. RoSy says:

LOL on the pirate theme here!

12. afairymind says:

This made me laugh! Very amusing story, Michael with great dialogue. And I do serve a good hotpot! 🙂