Mondays Finish the Story – June 29th, 2015 – Sherman Hospitality.

2015-06-29-bw-beacham

Finish the story begins with:  “The Mayor and the town manager waved as their next victim approached.”

The City of Sherman was famous for its hospitality. It was written about in every travel brochure I had read though I had never actually met anyone who had been there.

The mayor was the jolliest fellow and on first impression I thought of him as my pick for next year’s Santa Claus parade.

He and the manager were the friendliest of men. Until you got up close. There was something vacant in their eyes.

My blood ran cold when I looked into their eyes and felt their cold hands take mine.

They led me inside and I had the distinct impression I wasn’t going to go out the same way I came in.

I’m not sure what happened but my friends in the jars either side of me look as bewildered as me.

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/mondays-finish-the-story-june-29th-2015/

This entry was posted in MFTS, writing challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – June 29th, 2015 – Sherman Hospitality.

1. HumaAq says:

Why didn’t you hear your instincts and ran? Friends in jars, creepy! Well written

2. DELL CLOVER says:

Oh no, another spooky one!

3. yolandarenee says:

Very creepy, friends in jars, and still alive, but in what condition? Reminds me of The Man With Two Brains. Well done!

4. babso2you says:

Were you at least able to move around in your jar? 😀 Funny and creepy Michael! For a second I flashed on Young Frankenstein with the brains in the jars and Marty Feldman…. Thanks again for another excellent addition to the challenge and be well my friend… ^..^

5. tnkerr says:

Yikes is right.

6. Yikes! I see there are other replies using yikes…. I can’t think of another way to describe this. Creepy… unnerving… scary… yeah… yikes it is!!! Good job….

7. mandy says:

That mayor was no Santa Clause, and now I’m glad I never believed in Santa or I’d surely have gone along. Of course being jar mates may not have been so bad. btw- I think you get the Yikes! award 😀

8. OMGosh! They’re canning people! That is really creepy and horrific!

9. RoSy says:

Oh my!
    The handshake should have been a hint to run the other way – fast!

10. Really creepy, Michael. O_o Even scarier is what they might be awaiting I’d rather not know. O_o Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne