Mondays Finish the Story – June 15th, 2015 – The Marble

2015-06-15-bw-beacham

Finish the story begins with:  “At first, it looked like an ordinary marble, but it was far from it.”

Rick reached out a tentative finger towards the marble when there was a zap, a bang and an odd sounding crunch and Rick was no more.

Vanished.

There was something odd about this marble.

It sat on the ground in the spot from where Rick had vanished. I walked around it and noticed it turned to follow me.

Was it watching me?

What fate did it have for me?

I decided to gather it into a bucket so with shovel in hand I removed it surrounding dirt and all.

It turned in the bottom of the bucket then the most extra ordinary thing happened.

A hand shape came from the centre, as if it wanted to shake my hand.

I reached out my hand to take it in friendship when……

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/mondays-finish-the-story-june-15th-2015/

This entry was posted in MFTS, writing challenge and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – June 15th, 2015 – The Marble

1. Danny James says:

Never, never land.

DJ

2. Oops…. wonder where he is! Great story!!!

3. Francesca Smith says:

I wonder where he will go?
    My interest has been grabbed.

4. babso2you says:

What happens next? Great story Michael. I will go to sleep tonight dreaming about the conclusion or where this story could take me next. Thank you for writing again for the MFtS challenge, and be well… ^..^

5. I immediately thought of a new form for the ‘blob’ – a new way to eat all humans, just offer a hand! Well done, loved this!

6. buddysmom13 says:

What a cool story. You literally pulled me in from the get go. This would be great to expand into a short story. Loved it!

7. afairymind says:

Great story! You leave me wanting more. 🙂

8. Uh oh! I have a foreboding feeling about this! I will find out next week. 🙂 Great story Michael!

9. rogershipp says:

Smart move… Smart move… DUMMY. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! Nice job!

10. RoSy says:

When what? When what???

11. The Voice says:

Great action and building of suspense in so few words. Really good story.

12. phylor says:

It’s like the horror/ghost movie where you say “Don’t open that door.” Don’t shake hands with marbles that have zapped your friend into non-existence.
    Interesting and imaginative take on the prompt!

13. Looks like that marble, or whatever it is, collects people. I don’t think I’d get anywhere near it. Good story with humor, Michael.. Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne