Scribe’s Cave Picture Prompt #69 – The Bods

5b382f_6323841db69a402594888c32dd729f50.jpg_srb_p_849_566_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Igor and Svetlana Netface were the only guards on duty in the square.

The last people to inhabit the place were the Bods.

A curious folk all with the same first names and only distinguishable by their unique surnames.

Within each family of Igors and Svetlanas the last names reflected a body part.

Their best friends were Igor and Svetlana Netknee and their best friends were Igor and Svetlana Nettoe.

The Bodies were for the most part a happy and courteous folk.

You may think it potentially unfortunate when you were born and your name was Igor Netpenis or Svetlana Netvagina. But the Bodies were resource and had decided long ago that names could be spelt one way and pronounced another…hence Igor’s brother Netpenis was actually known as Netphalantic with the ‘p’ in this case having a ‘g’ sound.

Svetlana Netvagina’s name was pronounced Netorbs with the ‘v’ in her case sounding like an ‘h’.

It was a dream job they said to each other as they indulged themselves in their packed lunch of sandwiches and milk coffee when all you had to do was turn up each day.

Written for: http://caveofscribes.starvingactivist.com/2015/06/01/scribes-cave-picture-prompt-69/

This entry was posted in SCPP, writing challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Scribe’s Cave Picture Prompt #69 – The Bods

1. Pingback: The Love/Hate Challenge | ladyleemanila

2. AR Neal says:

Absolutely brilliant!

3. Oliana says:

What an imagination you have, Michael!! I enjoyed this piece:)

4. mj6969 says:

Roflmao – oh how your imagination intrigues me! XD

• Glad you had a good laugh at this one MJ…..hope you are doing well.

• mj6969 says:

Thanks Michael – hmmm… I have an email to respond to – from way back when – no I haven’t forgotten – but you can always confirm with Julespaige – I’m notorious when it comes to email – late in responding.

As for well – well – I’ve been better – but just showing up and checking out stuff around this little community does me a world of good – so for now – that will have to do 🙂 And I am grateful.

5. mandy says:

I tutored a young woman in college by the name of Svetlana. I just realized, I never knew what her last name was. Now I’m sort of glad! You’re hysterical, Michael. 😀

6. phylor says:

You have done it again!!!! Too funny. Mine’s a sci fi and no, be reassured I am not stalking you!