Mondays Finish the Story – May 11th – 17th, 2015 – Stepping Out

2015-05-11-bw-beacham

Finish the story begins with:  “Arriving at the beach, she reflected on her life.”

She was on her own now. Johnno was recently departed and was in the grave.

She’d had a life of privilege and wealth. Private schools, a university career, Johnno a successful businessman. She had wanted for nothing.

They mixed in conservative circles, their opinions sought wherever they went.

She stood on the beach, looked out at the horizon, she was far from home, on an escape she needed, to take stock, to make decisions.

She dismissed a brief tear; it was she knew an opportunity to move on.

Her red flowered sundress flapped in the breeze as she remembered something her father had once said: “Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. See what happens.”

A smile broke on her lips as she slipped out of her sundress and stepped out of her underwear. Donning Johnno’s favourite cap set off to explore the beach.

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/mondays-finish-the-story-may-11th-17th-2015/

This entry was posted in writing challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – May 11th – 17th, 2015 – Stepping Out

1. phylor says:

Wonderful story. I wish her luck in her new world. The beach is the place to make such decisions!

2. babso2you says:

I love it! Nicely done Michael! Those were powerful words that her father told her! I hope that she enjoyed the day of walking around nude with only the cap on her head… Thanks again for writing for MFtS…Be well… ^..^

3. buddysmom13 says:

Love the idea that she went to a nudist beach – or at least, she chose to run “free.” Nice story!

4. tnkerr says:

Very poignant. Nicely done.

5. Good story, Michael. It seems she’ll do fine. She’s taking her strong father’s advice. Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne

6. mandy says:

Very sweet, Michael. I felt that tear. Gave me the warm and fuzzies at the end …

7. I love that all her life she wanted for nothing and, in the end, nothing was what made her happy. Great story

8. Ahh she is going skinny dipping! That would be a good first “freeing” experience!

9. draliman says:

It looks like she’s going to enter a brave new world. Well done to her!

10. I love when a character faces her past and decides to embrace her future. Wise words from her father and love how she cast off her suit and her inhibitions. Very nice!

11. afairymind says:

After mixing in ‘conservative circles’ for so long, I can see how walking nude along the beach would be a step out of her comfort zone! A great take on the prompt. 🙂

12. RoSy says:

I bet that felt nice. Now – I need to find somewhere warm so that I can live so freely too.
    Oh – and no mosquitoes.