Mondays Finish the Story – February 23rd, 2015 – The Letter Q

2015-02-23-bw-beacham

Finish the story begins with:The old typewriter had a mind of its own.”

Which was a novelty in itself. If I typed A it typed B, C/D, E/F and so on until I hit Q. Then it took over.

ARE YOU WATCHING, LEARN TO TYPE YOU MORON.

This message appeared more than once. I did learn to type, on a different machine and the writer was impressed. At first.

But everytime I hit Q it had something to say.

You can imagine the issues I had the day I wrote: ‘Querulous questions Queeny queried quarterly.’

It took two troublesome days to get the job done. Being constantly interrupted by a sarcastic machine is very wearing.

Finally out of exasperation I built a glass case around it and to taunt it I walk past and either announce a Q word or flash a card with QUIET on it.

It vibrates a little, its agitation obvious but settles, as it knows I HAVE WON!

mondays-finish-the-story

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/mondays-finish-the-story-february-23rd-2015/

This entry was posted in MFTS and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – February 23rd, 2015 – The Letter Q

1. eric says:

I got a good chuckle out this story.

2. ericjaspers says:

I got a good chuckle out of this story. Thanks just what I need to get through this Monday.

3. Sonya says:

“to taunt it I walk past and either announce a Q word or flash a card with QUIET on it” – that is brilliant. Your story made me chuckle, too.

4. julespaige says:

Inanimate objects with soul. I wrote a story once about a house that tripped up a nasty uncle.
    I think your ‘Q’ machine belongs in that house. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes machines and people can have happy endings – together.

5. tnkerr says:

Very well done. I know that I have taunted more than one mechanical device in my day. Never with flash cards though. Might have to give that a try.

6. Cheryl-Lynn says:

haha, too cute!! this is a gem, Michael. I actually had a typewriter just like that one…why did I give that antique away? Oh, yeah, it was haunted! this makes me think of a movie with this huge black car that was alive…brrrrr scary. Your story could be a sequel easily!

7. Jessica says:

Creepy typewriter with a mind of its own! You’re brave to still keep it with you.

8. babso2you says:

LOL! What a funny story! I loved this Michael! I had chosen a photo which I might use next week that is historical, but then I discovered I had a photo of a typewriter from the 1920’s. This seemed perfect and the opening line came to me in an instant. I had to go with this! You did very well and put a smile on my face, and made my sides hurt from the laughing: The signs of a great story!

Thanks again for participating in the MFtS challenge and see you next week? I hope so! Be well my friend! ^..^

9. i am of the opinion all typewriters are possessed. Every. Single. One.

10. I love the way you encased it in glass! Definitately a one-upman-ship. I wonder what would happen if you pasted a Q on the glass so he has to continually look at it?

Another triumph Michael. 😀

12. mandy smith says:

Love this, Michael. I finished reading and thought, “What will he come up with next?” ! 😃

13. draliman says:

Once it has learned some manners maybe you can start using it again!
    Fun story 🙂

14. milliethom says:

It would seem that this very ill-bred and ill-mannered machine got its just deserts. I wonder who its parents were … You really showed it a thing or two with those flash cards. Great story. It gave me a good laugh, so thank you for that. 🙂

15. Touchy typewriters and their pet peeves! Fun story!

16. JackieP says:

You need to watch those sassy machines. But, I think you one-upped it. 😉

17. penshift says:

At Least it wasn’t set off by E! Great response – I can just see that being decades of fun taunting.