Writing Prompt #94 – We are all crazy – February 15, 2015 – Revelations

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s not everyday that you are invited to discuss your peculiarities.

Now its important to note that in the limited space I have here to, in some cases, state my particular quirk or fetish, I shall summarise said situation so as not to incriminate nor create a false or in some cases possibly true life account of myself.

Quirks I have many. Who doesn’t?

I like to wear a particular type of cap when I drive and feel quite naked when I don’t. I have worn one out after becoming more attached to it than I should.

I washed it one day only to discover it was so old the machine wash resulted in holes in my cap that weren’t there before which led to my daughter threatening to throw it in the bin if I didn’t get rid of it. It was a sensible suggestion I just don’t like parting with things.

When I write I like to do so at my kitchen table with music playing. The TV is turned off and music will play while I compose. It just seems the right place to be when I write.

As for fetishes well where to begin. I have a foot fetish, I really do, I look at people’s feet. It doesn’t matter whether or not they have polish on them or not it’s the shape I am looking at.

Like most things some people have better looking feet than others. Males seem to have square feet and women come in a variety of shapes and sizes. I do find women’s feet far more attractive than male feet, but of course you could argue it’s all in the eye of the beholder and all that.

So should you see me in the street and notice I am looking down its just me checking out your feet. Don’t worry I wont fall to my knees and start touching or caressing them, that would just be weird, right?

As for conversations with friends, well so often they are absurd conversations, which probably suggests something in terms of the number of friends I have.

G’day.

Behind you now?

Oh yes, all good.

Think it will rain?

Probably.

When?

When what?

Do you think it will rain?

Soon.

They will.

Lunch?

At 2pm.

Good.

I’ll see you then.

Good.

I am good at these in-depth conversations. My mates and I can go on for hours discussing world issues and not only that but solving them.

So you can see I am a person of diversifications.

As my mum used to say: “You don’t have to be mad to part of this family. But it sure helps.”

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2015/02/15/writing-prompt-94-we-are-all-crazy-february-15-2015/

This entry was posted in MLM and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Writing Prompt #94 – We are all crazy – February 15, 2015 – Revelations

1. mandy smith says:

I will have a hard time going to sleep now after laughing at you, Michael. My feet are my best feature, Lol!

Mad is good – I like mad 🙂 I think my only real peculiarity is the way I eat a meal – especially a baked dinner. I eat the peas, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower first, then the meat and gravy, then the roast pumpkin and lastly – because they are soooo wonderful, the roast potatoes. You could give me a plate of roast potato and say I can’t have any dessert, I’d say thank you very much 😀

• I see I think this prompt is going to reveal so much about people. I like that quirk Lyn. Funny isn’t it how we do that, I certainly eat the same things first but I Do eat the meat and gravy last as I did at lunch today. I eat the potatoes with my greens. Hope you have a good night.

3. Cheryl-Lynn says:

Ha!!delicious! The post not the feet but then one mustn’t argue ones taste. I do so enjoy those conversations. I have a twinge too. It woke me up! I may have to call in sick but not sure my work has heard of twinginitis … Hmm

4. Full of charm! Sam has the square feet you speak of, even square toes I laugh whenever I see his feet. Of course he is composed of squares in general his torso is also surprisingly square I guess that’s why he likes Legos so much. My feet are one of my better features and my thumbs also haha I loved the conversation!

5. JackieP says:

The things one finds out about their fellow bloggers. Feet, eh? This was a fun read. 🙂

6. C.C. says:

Very enjoyable post 🙂 As for your foot fetish….here’s a crazy one for you to ponder….my second and third toes on both feet are webbed together. How’s that for peculiar?

7. phylor says:

You have proven what I always suspected, Australians really do use the phrase G’day. A stereotype revealed.
    Canadians have to deal with eh. Most Americans think we use eh continuously, I never have, but then I’m from the Maritimes, another species of Canadians, maybe (eh?)

• G’day mate we sure do.
      New Zealanders use ‘eh’ a lot in conversation too.
      well I have always suspected you were different…there are multiple species of Canadians?

• mj6969 says:

Oh, hell … you so don’t want to go there Michael —- each province and territory harbours several species within itself – and then there are subspecies within the species etc etc. It’s all together a crazy proposition – but there are easy ways to determine things – it’s all in the accents. That clarifies things enormously.

Loved the post – had me chuckling – you are such a brilliant conversationalist — as for feet – well, if we were ever to meet, you’d be hard pressed by me – I’d never get my socks off – I despise my feet – despite them carrying my world’s weight. I know, I should be kinder – but I can’t stand them.

• phylor says:

Yes, there once was. The homogenization of language — curses CBC — means that regional dialects are disappearing. Newfoundland retains a fair bit of it’s cultural language.
        Folks are learning to read and speak Gaelic again as many of the residents have Highland and Low Land Scottish heritage.
        Acadians are re-embracing there culture And, as everywhere, Native Americans struggle to keep their traditions alive. So there are multiple species of Canadians and that’s just one area, Nova Scotia, and I didn’t mention the sub-species yet

• There was a TV series set in Newfoundland and I was intrigued by the accents, I thought they sounded very Irish.

• phylor says:

Yes, a lot of Irish did settle in Newfoundland, even before the famine due to the fishing stations.
        Interesting you picked up on that.
        To me, they sound like they are from Newfoundland.
        What was the series?

• The Republicof Doyle

8. RoSy says:

I so don’t like feet. But – I am glad to have them.
    You cap story reminds me of my dad. So hard to get him to get rid of stuff. I recall once throwing away a few old T-shirts that he had & threw them out so that he would wear ones he just had stashed away. Would you believe that he went & fished them out of the trash? That Christmas – I grabbed those shirts again & wrapped them up & gave it to him as a gift.