Masque (Tale Weaver Prompt)

masque-couple-front-lo

Serge?

Hildy?

Oh Serge but you are very handsome tonight.

Thank you Hildy, as do you.

You think of me as handsome Serge?

Of course.

Women, Serge are meant to be beautiful, pretty, radiant. Men like you Serge are handsome.

I am sorry Hildy but I am a solder with solder’s ways.

I know Serge I understand your literary limitations.

My language is cumbersome, clumsy and I know nothing of the finery of life.

It’s alright Serge I wanted you to say I look nice is all. This dress has been in my family a long time. My mother, grandmother and great grandmother all wore this dress.

You look stunning Hildy.

Oh thank you Serge. When are you off to the war?

Tomorrow my love. At first light.

Will you be gone long?

I don’t know who knows how long this Napoleonic war will last.

That evil Frenchman will meet his Waterloo one day I just know it.

All will be well Hildy.

But he is taking you away from me my love.

Its war Hildy, its what we men do. I will be safe.

How can you be sure?

I am a cannon ball carrier. I never see the front lines.

But what if one explodes.

No my precious one these are lead balls, they don’t explode they just rip anything to pieces that gets in their way.

Oh Serge I am worried you may get in the way of a French cannon ball.

No my love rest easy, they wont come near me and if they do I am very agile on my feet.

Oh yes Serge you are very agile, I’m going to miss that.

Keep that thought, Hildy it won’t be long and I will be back in your arms again.

Being agile?

Very agile.

Oh Serge?

Oh Hildy?

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/masque-tale-weaver-prompt-2/

This entry was posted in MLM and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Masque (Tale Weaver Prompt)

1. phylor says:

Did agile Serge make it back to stunning Hildy’s arms? I hope, if he did return, he was still agile!

2. Jen says:

Very cool —- a completely unique tale, that’s for sure! It made me want to know more about Serge and Hildy — and like Phylor says, were they reunited after the war? Had a bit of a giggle at old Serge’s expense though — he’s completely deaf to the many colors of language, right?

So nicely done. I’m so glad this great image inspired a great tale!

3. mandy smith says:

Agile enough to outrun a cannonball? Sweet!

4. Aileen says:

This was a fun read! That gave a whole new take to the question every man dreads, ‘so, tell me, how do I look?’ 😉

5. Cheryl-Lynn says:

Love, love, love, this Michael!! I read this on the bus and laughed out loud…well, no one knows me so who cares. I was narrating in my head a tale in parallel to this one and was quite entertained until I got off the bus:)

6. Charming and delightful love the names and the ending oh my!

7. Susan Langer says:

Loved the “agility” and your dialog was great.

8. mj6969 says:

😀 😉 nudge nudge wink wink …. (chuckling with delight and laughter) at your response to the prompt … highly creative Michael 🙂

Great dialogue, Michael. It matched the photo prompt perfectly 🙂

10. Jess says:

Clever play of words! I suppose sound travels faster than the cannon ball and Serge will be able to dodge it.