Photo Prompt #46 – Cumulus Fields – Hope

kylli-sparre-46

Image: Kylli Sparre

Another day, blazing sun

The dry continues,

Hope is fading.

Financial ruin stares us in the face.

Already neighbours have sold up,

Depression and despair

Dreaded words on so many lips

As we watch others go under.

Some take their life

Good men for whom it became too much.

A tough year among so many.

But I admire your optimism

You never stop believing

Those clouds you point to

Teasing us upon the horizon

I hear the excitement in your voice

‘They’re headed our way.’

I watch you rise from the table

Focused on the possibility

That today rain might come.

Our stock is depleted,

The ground barren of life

But we know the smallest precipitation

Brings transformation

New growth, new life, hope.

Fingers crossed we wait

Dreaming of the moment

All inhibition will go

As we dance in gratitude

For whatever falls our way.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/tuesdays-photo-prompt-46-cumulus-fields-february-3-2015/

This entry was posted in MLM, Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Photo Prompt #46 – Cumulus Fields – Hope

1. What a lovely post, Michael. My best friend of 40 years is like that with her husband of 55 years. She was his love and hope and he was her anchor.

2. Aileen says:

Never stop believing. Beautiful 🙂

3. C.C. says:

“As we dance in gratitude for whatever falls our way”–I like this….it elicits the idea that dancing in gratitude can come even BEFORE whatever it is that we are grateful for comes our way 🙂

4. morgaine620 says:

I just realised with lots of gratitude that I never had to experience a draught. They promised us one in GB some years ago: It became one of the wettest years on record!!!!! 😉 (Never believe politicians LOL) Thanks for this enlightening post.

• At any one time in Australia Bee there is a drought somewhere, usually in the outback and in areas away from the coast. Where I live on the east coast we have been very lucky in recent years to receive good rain. Thanks so much for stopping by.

5. new growth, new life, hope – wonderful, Michael 🙂

6. Susan Langer says:

Brings transformation New growth, new life, hope. My favorite lines. Beautiful poetry. 🙂

7. phylor says:

May you dance in gratitude, in hope, and in the rain.

8. mj6969 says:

A wonderfully inspired and inspiring read – your interpretations offer so much more than what is obvious on the surface. Waxing poetic, if I may, Michael, your words flow like the much needed rains that sustain the growth just below the surface of the spirit – touching the soul in gentle caresses 🙂

• Thank you MJ, this poem is based around the truth of living in Australia where drought is a way of life.

• mj6969 says:

Yes, drought is a major factor is Ozzie life and land – such a large country – and majestic in its own ways. Perhaps one day, I will be adventurous and wealthy enough to afford the airfare – and I’ll stop and take the time to check it out … in the meantime, I’m an armchair traveler.

• Well now I do have some resources I am travelling. In April I am off to London and then on a tour round Europe. Only a couple of weeks but it will give me a taste of their cultures.

• mj6969 says:

Well that’s absolutely wonderful Michael! A few weeks is never quite enough, but it will give you a delightful taste of other places – and Spring is a fine time to be making the rounds! This is so exciting – Japan – and now the whirlwind London, Europe tour! 😀 I’m sure you will come away with so many new impressions and stories that will delight us – but most importantly – enjoy!

• That’s the idea MJ…….though the long plane trips don’t excite me much….but it is what it is……

• mj6969 says:

Uck – no, the journey to the destiny is, by far, the least exciting bit – but I’m sure it will be well worth it, once you have arrived. 🙂

• Oh yes, London cabs, European sights, I do so look forward to France and recently a friend of mine visited Italy and is wishing to go back there soon. So much to see and do.

• mj6969 says:

Yes, London cabs – I visited London many years ago – hmm… let’s see – 1985 I believe it was. Ah to visit France and Italy – it is to weep. But, I am so glad for you Michael – I’m sure it will be such a marvelous experience!