Prophetess (Tale Weaver) – The Cards

alphonse-mucha-prophetess-1896-wikiart1

Image: “Prophetess” by Alphonse Mucha.

Madame Pulver stares over her glasses

‘The cards,’ she says, ‘the cards.’

She sighs as her eyes take in

The revelation before her.

‘Oh no, oh dear.’

CONFLICT

The word echoes round the room

Cements itself in my brain.

What follows is spell binding

My landlord wants to up the rent

The electricity company demand

My ex wants more

Ha, as if!!

My loves desert me

One vanishes

One in a huff prances off

One falls ill

But but but I say

Then I remember Madame’s final words

‘The women at your door

Find themselves on the wrong side

They’ll want out not in.’

Written for: http://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/prophetess-tale-weaver/

This entry was posted in MLM, Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Prophetess (Tale Weaver) – The Cards

1. J says:

Wow. The ending lines are a real punch in the gut, that’s for sure! Also appreciated the protest mid-poem: “but … but … but”. The presentation really makes Madame Pulver’s words to seem so much more final. Very nicely done — as always! 😀

• Thanks Jen, happy new year to you.
      And there is an element of truth in it too. I had my cards read a year ago and conflict is what I remember.

• J says:

Well, I was afraid to comment on whether some of it was real-life … there’s an element of bravery in getting your cards read too.

I “dabbled” in tarot a while back and one of the FIRST cards I drew in my first reading was the Death card! Now, I realize that the death card doesn’t necessarily mean death — it means “change”. But it creeped me out for weeks and weeks — no more card readings for me!

• Know what you mean conflict has stayed with me too, there was other stuff but I don’t remember any of it.

• J says:

I just remember the “death” part!

2. I love having my cards read, haven’t done so for a while. What on earth did you do that they want out?!

3. phylor says:

Does this mean you have a dead-bolt on the outside of your door?
    Brave to have your cards read! How long does the Conflict aspect last? Forever? Until the next reading? I haven’t had anything to do with Tarot myself in a very long time!
    Happy 2015. Hope it’s conflict free!

• Hmmm……you have been spying on me? How did you know about the deadbolt? But no I jest, no deadbolt, no locks, they come and go and in some cases most importantly I went!

4. Madame Pulver must have shortened her name from Pulverized cause that what she did to that poor fellow. May all the conflicts be lost in the old year and only peace find your door and want in this year.

5. RoSy says:

Perhaps out is better… ? 😉

6. Bastet says:

Such an unhappy reading … I think I’d change my prophetess …