Photo Challenge #31 “Liberty” – You Have Rights

liberty-31

Image: Catrin Welz Stein

You have rights

Freedoms to exercise

Stop jumping to his beck and call

He is hardly Godlike.

His proclamations self serving

His actions despicable.

A poor desperate bastard

In need of a good whipping.

I have watched you

You have smarts

Old-fashioned oomph

You need to trust yourself

Believe in the you I see

Desirous, sensual,

A woman of virtue

Of class and station.

Step out just once

Shadows are just that, places to hide

You have more to give than be taken

I stood beside you once

You exuded overwhelming warmth.

I wanted to reach out

Touch you in passing

To let you know I know.

I don’t want to find you in the gutter

Destitute dishevelled

A shadow of your once beautiful self.

Rather a woman of means

Powerful, in charge of destiny

His balls in your hands.

Squeeze a little harder

Watch him play your game.

Written for: http://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/photo-challenge-31-liberty/

This entry was posted in MLM, Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Photo Challenge #31 “Liberty” – You Have Rights

1. Oh wow that last line is a powerful visual and I did visualize it lol I love the support and encouragement in this poem. Makes me feel like taking the world head on!

2. Bastet says:

I love this poem and felt like I was destined to read it … sounds like that little voice inside my head that stimulates me to keep going on … no matter what destiny may serve up. Thanks for writing it!

3. Shadows are just that, places to hide
    You have more to give than be taken… beautifully encouraging and empowering.

4. Giving power to those who need it, those last 3 lines a clincher. Stand and be strong females of the world, very positive read Michael.

5. Shawna says:

“I stood beside you once … to let you know I know”

What a powerful image.

6. JackieP says:

Women are powerful, they just have to realize how much. Great post Michael.

7. kaykuala says:

Squeeze a little harder
    Watch him play your game.

That is right Michael. Powerful assertions! If only the powers that be have the political will to act and provide the impetus. Freedom is now discarded to the back burner and many are suffering! Great thoughts!

Hank

8. Ouf! That one hit home…lovely poem, Michael. It warms my heart when I read such poems written by men. Bless you for being so sensitive.

9. phylor says:

Just the kind of encouragement I need this week, okay, every week. Thanks for giving it to me.

10. Pat says:

You have such a special gift Michael – a sensitivity that is so open and honest – and trustworthy.
    This is a brilliant piece – as so many have said – truly empowering – in honesty, it felt like you were writing directly to me – although so many can relate; and I felt safe – feel safe – because you may be a world away, but it feels as if you are a light in my life – generous and spirited. Truly, you are a wise and gifted wordsmith 😀

11. RoSy says:

A perfect post that happens to fit well with our elections coming up throughout the states.
    Women need to take heed to the topics at hand as they rock the vote!