Sunday Photo Fiction – Carstairs and Technology

40-12-december-29th-2013

Carstairs? Carstairs can you hear me?

Yes Sir.

Can you tell me anything yet?

What would you like to know Sir?

The enemy Carstairs, can you see the enemy?

No  sir?

What do you mean no?

I mean no Sir, I can’t see any enemy at this moment.

But Carstairs we have the most up to date, high tech equipment available.

I appreciate that Sir, and I do appreciate all the pretty coloured lines, and the red circle is very striking but its all double Dutch to me.

Carstairs are you telling me that with all this technology at your disposal there is nothing you can tell me.

With this technology Sir, no.

Carstairs some times you are the greatest waste of space.

Yes Sir, my mother said very much the same thing Sir.

I bet she did, Carstairs, you were a problem as a child then?

Yes Sir.

I can imagine.

Yes Sir.  One thing I can tell you though Sir.

Yes Carstairs and this better be useful.

I think it will be Sir.

Well what is it, spit it out.

Well Sir, there’s a large grinning German solder standing behind you with a large gun pointed at your head.

For Sunday Photo Fiction:

This entry was posted in Photo Fiction and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Sunday Photo Fiction – Carstairs and Technology

1. Joe Owens says:

Carstairs may be a waste if space, but sounds as if he is in a better space.

2. RoSy says:

I know – not a good ending. But – I just visualized the whole conversation & the personalities & the story made me smile. 🙂

3. J. Milburn says:

Ha! All things considered, I’d rather be Carstairs at that moment 😀 Great story!

4. Al says:

Haha 😀 Brilliant Love the technology

5. I see Baldrick and the voices, this was funny and nice little ending – well done mate.

6. LOLOL!! Classic!! 🙂 🙂

7. Steve Lakey says:

Who knows, Carstairs may have a cunning plan! 🙂

Great story. I think Carstairs is much smarter than his “superior” officer. I like Carstairs’ dry sense of humour.

9. Now this made me smile…nice story.