Ligo Haibun Challenge – Faery

faerie

I am sitting in the corner of the room; the troll has been rampaging for some hours now. It is to do with my not completing my assigned task.

I am terrified at having attracted his ire, and so early in the day. He is obviously having a bad day and when that happens his anger comes my way.

I am the worst of the worst so it seems. His arms are flailing, his body sweating and now beginning to smell, the acrid smell that only trolls can emit. I recoil further into corner if I could be invisible right now I would be happy.

Rather I suffer the onslaught of his words which rain on me in torrents, threats of retribution, emotional blackmail at it’s greatest, my person diminished and my being worthless.

Now I am shaking, his words have cut me to the quick, I am pleading, begging for him to cease but he knows he has me now, I am at my weakest, he rains blows greater than before, my self is cracking, I am disintegrating before him. I have one last saviour, across the room, my only friend in this world is waiting, she holds out a hand, I reach out, her faery fingers grasp mine, together we fly out of there, leaving behind my shattered body.

pain and misery

unbearable intolerance

faery guardian

This entry was posted in Haibun Haiku and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Ligo Haibun Challenge – Faery

1. Anja says:

awww This was just amazing. You really did so well with the troll part and out of no where, the sweet light of the faery. Love it!

2. RoSy says:

A sweet relief when the faery guardian shows up to save sanity.

3. the trolls – the nasty ones in our life, can only rule if we allow them, thank heavens for the good faery ~ a happy ending

4. Very cool, yay for the faery guardian!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I could do with one at work at the moment, LOL!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

5. Ye Pirate says:

An agonising moment of despair – well done…the fairy looks a touch angry in the picture though!

6. This sounds like the troll of the inner voice and the saviour faerie could be the person or people who help us through life, or just when the inner critic has the sense to keep its mouth shut for a change… Lovely.

7. Penny L Howe says:

Insanity is insiduous. We can create our own trolls from within, but when they appear from without bless those amazing fairies, who can arise from without and within our beautiful “other world” to lift us back to where all of us creative and sensitive type personalities deserve to live – in safety with fellow creatives! So well written Michael, I enjoyed, very much! Penny xo

8. twoscamps says:

Reaching out and flying away with one’s Guardian Faery is an image that makes me smile. Nicely done. πŸ™‚

9. gimpet says:

This is SO real to me right now…..and you know how I love Faeries. I wish I had one to sweep away the soiled tatters of my life right now….

10. TheImaginator says:

I pictured the faerie as the little white lights she saw just before she blacked out; the fantasy world of troll and fairy used y her to distance herself from both the emotional and physical pain. Great work.

11. atrm61 says:

Wow,this is so beautifully done Summer-loved it:-)

12. Sun says:

wow, that was a scare – thank goodness for faeries. perhaps she can find a way to get rid of internet trolls. πŸ˜† this was terrific!

13. Pingback: The Faerie Glen Haibun | Simply Charming

14. Pingback: LΔ«go Haibun Challenge – Word Prompt | Bastet and Sekhmet's Library

15. Pingback: Ligo Haibun Challenge – Passing of years | A Mixed Bag

16. Suzanne says:

Thanks goodness for your faery guardian.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )